The Arizona Community Press will consider all submissions for publication whether they’re from a trained journalist or a first-time writer. Articles, photographs and videos should be submitted to: email@example.com.
Content published by The Arizona Community Press is automatically released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. This means that others are free to use your work for their own projects as long as they:
- attribute the original work to you,
- do not use the work for commercial purposes, and
- release their work under the same type of license.
Here is a link to additional information about these terms: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/us/
The Arizona Community Press works to cover local angles lost in the “dead zones” of the main stream media. Our goal is a grassroots approach: for each topic we cover, we reach out first to those people directly affected by the situation. Once our writers have an experience of the human impacts, they then follow up with the “decision makers” (politicians, corporate executives, etc.) for additional information.
Our primary coverage area is the state of Arizona; particularly the Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
- Written submissions should be roughly between 400 and 1000 words in length.
- News and event coverage should include specifics as to the date, location and nature of the event, and the names of the principals or organizations involved.
- News and event coverage should include at least two substantiating quotes and/or comments from others who witnessed or attended the event.
- News coverage should (ideally) be submitted no later than 24 hours after the covered event. Feature articles may be submitted as completed or as per arrangement with the publisher. Timeliness will affect potential publication.
- Editorials will be printed solely at the publisher’s discretion. All editorials will be considered for publication regardless of ideology or position taken. Editorials should be coherent, well-reasoned and respectful. Except for spelling corrections, no editorial edits will be made without the writer’s approval.
All submissions to The Arizona Community Press must include:
- The writer’s and / or submitter’s name. Each should be identified separately.
- The writer’s and / or submitter’s organizational affiliation.
- The writer’s and / or submitter’s preferred mode of contact: phone number, email, address.
- A specific statement of intent, such as “This is a news article”; “This is a feature article requested by ________”; “This is an editorial”.
- Any publication requests, such as “Please include this with activist news” or “This should fall under environmental coverage”. Publication requests will be honored at the discretion of the publisher.
- Any other requests, such as a request for publication under a pseudonym or on a specific date.
- Well researched, timely articles that are fair, transparent and accurate
- Eyewitness accounts
- Investigative reports
- Media analysis
We will not print any content that:
- Is obviously inaccurate and/or misleading
- Is obviously slanderous and/or libelous
- Is blatantly pornographic or exploitative
- Includes threats and/or intimidation
- Promotes racism, homophobia, sexism or other discrimination
Original photos and videography submitted for publication are covered under the same Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License as written copy. The submitter / photographer / videographer assumes full responsibility for usage permissions.
Photo galleries, videos, and series of photographs unrelated to specific articles are encouraged and will be printed at the discretion of the publisher.
Photography and videography submissions should include the same identifiers as written copy, in addition to:
- The first and last name of the photographer / videographer
- The date and location of each photograph / video
- Descriptive captioning as applicable
Thank you to the The Boston Occupier for their help with this page.